A denture is an appliance which is worn to replace lost or missing teeth to enable you to enjoy a healthy diet and smile with confidence. A complete or full denture is one which replaces all of the natural teeth in either the upper or lower jaws. A partial denture fills in the spaces created by lost or missing teeth and is attached to your natural teeth with metal clasps or devices called precision attachments.
The advantages of dentures are:
- It is often a more economical way of replacing missing teeth than bridges or implants.
- More than one tooth can be replaced with a denture.
- Dentures can be used to replace teeth where the remaining teeth are not strong enough for bridgework.
The disadvantages are that dentures may not be as aesthetic as a bridge. Clasps may be needed to stabilise the denture and it is not always possible to disguise these.
Finely crafted, well-fitted, and properly maintained dentures can appear natural and enhance your smile.
- A natural look is possible when your dentist and technician pay careful attention to every detail.
- We have a wide range of material and moulding techniques to give excellent fit and comfort including soft or cushion lining where the lower gum is very shrunk.
- We pride ourselves on the quality of the dentures we offer, whichever type you choose.